Cyclones (dust collecting units)
Cyclones are dust removal units, which operating principle is dust catching by means of inertial separation. Dust collector cyclones are applied for purification of liquids and gases from dust (suspended solids). Dust collectors of cyclonic type are the most popular in industrial field.
Application range of cyclones
Dedusting cyclones are widely applied in the following sectors:
- Mining industry
- Ceramic and power industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Metallurgy etc.
Design features of cyclones
Today a huge number of cyclones' type is developed. They are:
- Counter flow and direct-flow cyclones
- Cyclone spark arresters (horizontal cyclones)
- Battery cyclones
- Cylindrical and conic cyclones etc.
Anyway, basic elements, which the cyclone consists of, are:
- Metal casing (fiberglass, etc.)
- Exhaust pipe
- Bunker (hopper)
Depending on structural functions, cyclones may be installed for carrying out preliminary cleaning as independent units, and also in front of bag filters or electric precipitators.
Operating principle of dedusting cyclones
First, dusty gas passes through a branch pipe to the casing. Then a rotating flow, aspiring downstream, is emerged in the cyclone. Under inevitable effect of centrifugal force, suspended dust particles are taken out from the general flow and precipitate. Under influence of the secondary flow, particles reach the lower part of the cyclone and are discharged in the hopper, intended for collecting dust. Purified gas flow, moving in the direction "from bottom to top", is removed from the casing via exhaust pipe. Depending on design features, the cyclone effect can be provided in a considerable speed range – average 20 m/s.
Application efficiency of dedusting cyclones
The efficiency of use directly depends on its type and disperse structure of the suspended particles:
- For particles with diameter more than 10 micr. - gas purification degree reaches up to 99,5%
- For particles with diameter less than 10 micr. - gas purification degree will not exceed more than 85%
For gas purification capacity increase, use of battery direct-flow cyclones is expedient. This is achieved by parallel pass of the flow through several cyclones with smaller diameter.
How to make the best choice for your production.
For correct calculation of efficiency and productivity of a cyclone, it is necessary to have the following data:
- Disperse and fractional composition of dust
- Density of suspended particles
- Required diameter of the cyclone's casing
- Aerodynamic resistance
- Temperature condition of the environment
- Dimensions of suspended dust particles
- Dust humidity etc.
At your choice, LLC Industrial Vostok Engineering offers: